If you are enabling the Web Station package for Synology in order to use the file stastion as a web server and don’t want to use a hostname/virtual host to access your web pages, you can easily change the default document root (e.g http://ip-to-synology-nas:80).
- Enable SSH access to the NAS. Controlpanel/Terminal/Enable SSH-service.
- Login to you NAS via SSH and your admin account.
- sudo su (same password as admin)
- cd /var/services
- rm web (default a soft link to /volume1/web)
- ln -s /volume1/your share/new www root/ web